It was not possible to remove the contact person from a course. This is now solved.
To fulfill GDPR, we have extended the automatic job that anonymize inactive users. Not all personal data was previously included in the anonymization, but this is now fixed.
Address labels and Name tags sometimes had duplicated names, this is now fixed. We have also removed the Netcompetence-logo and are now sorting on first name.
We have added 2 new reports that shows how many hours teachers have been booked to courses
- Teacher's time: This reports shows you a list of teachers within selected groups, and sum of each teacher''s teaching time within a selected time period. Courses that starts within the time period is included. The sum is based on the field Duration.
- Teacher's courses: This reports shows you a teachers all teaching activities within a selected time period. Courses that starts within the time period is included.
When reserving seats for an occasion, previously it was not possible to add a comment. Now we have added a comment field. Use this to make notes on the reservation.
We fixed so that sub activities in report Activities, Individual results now show in correct order.
The report Survey, detailed results included answers from users that only partially have answered the survey. Now the report only show answers from users that have submitted the survey.
- All competence reports now have a filter to include suggested competence levels. This means, when filter is activated, reports will base calculation on the users suggested new level instead of the actual level. If there is no suggested level for a competence, the actual level will be used in calculation instead.
- In competence reports that calculate groups average competence, we have now excluded users that have not yet rated themselfs yet. This means that users that have not yet rated their competence will not affect a groups average competence level (or role fulfillment).
- In competence reports, we have now added a filter to be able to exclude users that is on extended leave of absens (sickleave, parental leave, etc)
We have added a teacher-filter in the report Teacher based, Overview. This makes it possible to show course occasions for a specific teacher.
- We have added 3 more columns in Report Teacher based, Overview. The new columns are "Teacher", "Activity ID" and "Minimum participants". You can choose if you want to show these columns in the report settings.
- The report Participant list now also shows who is the teacher for the course.
- We have solved the bug that caused filtering to dissapear when you started to scroll down in the administrator course catalog.
- We have made start and end times on course occasions a little bit more clear for the participant.
- The report "Teacher based Group statistics" is updated with more options and functions.
- In the report Activities, individual results, the order of sub activities showed in wrong order. This is now solved.
- Previously in reports with individual results, where group-belonging was shown, all group information was shown in same column. We have now separated so that each group level is presented in separate column. Now it is possible to choose which levels of the group hierarchy that should show in the report.
- We have solved the bug that caused filtering to dissapear when you started to scroll down in the administrator course catalog.
- Now you can choose to show more information about the user in the report "Question, Individual results". For example the users username, e-mail and group belongings.
- We have fixed the problem with editing of application form. Previosly almost everything was locked if anyone have applied for the course. Now you can make more changes in the application form even if users have started to apply for the course.
We have made succession reports available from the succession page (and removed them from the generic report page). In this way, we can ensure that only administrators with correct access can look at succession data. We also think it is easier to keep everything in 1 place.
Now you can choose to show more information about the user in the report "Question, Individual results". For example the users username, e-mail and group belongings.
In some scenarios, a price of 0 was shown in the application form for courses that didn't have a price.
We have added a function to send e-mail with welcome message to new users. This is done from the user-edit dialog when editing or creating a new user. You can also send to several users at the same time. To do this, you first search for those users (preferably by group) and then click the "Actions"-button, where you have the new option Send welcome mail. What template to use for the sendout is configured under System Sendouts.
- When you create application forms (for the checklist), the option "Show in checklist" was always unchecked by default. This is now changed so it is by default showing in checklist.
- The error that appeared when you clicked on a user name in the checklist is now fixed.
- In meeting-module, the overview showing the signing rate for different groups had stop working. This is now fixed.
- We have added the possibility of adding and changing start-date for goals.
- Now you can copy content from one education program to another. This is simply done by copying the content in original program, then open the other program and click the paste-button. You can to this with any content type, like seminars or even folders. This will save administrator time when creating programs with similar content. Note: the copied activity is treated as a separate activity and is not linked or connected to the original activity.
- We have added a new calendar-view for administrator. You find it under Administrate > Activities. It shows teacher-based training in a calender-view. This is very similar to the student calendar view, but with following differences:
- includes activities that is not published to student catalog
- includes activities under construction, cancelled and archived in different colors.
- includes only teacher-led training (seminars, webinars and classroom training).
- when clicking activity in calendar-view, it opens in edit-interface
- is showing activities that user have administrative access to
- We have improved the excel-export of the report "Activities, Individual results". Now you can sort and filter immediately in Excel without have to hassle with merged cells and empty rows. If you like this change, please let us know so we can start implementing same change in other reports also.
- Previously, there was an option to show comments in the report Certificates, Individual results. That option had disappeared, but now we put it back.
- When overbooking has been disabled (system setting) it was still possible to overbook a course as administrator, by using reserved seats, and also by moving a participant from waiting list. These leaks have now been sealed, but it will only affect a few number of customers, since by default, system setting is set to allow overbooking by administrator.
- We have fixed the issue where participants in waiting list on a fully booked course could not apply for another occasion even if the occasion they were in waiting list for has already have started.
- We have added information about reserved seats in the participant list report.
- Users in waiting list was not automatically invited to course if another applied user was moved to another occasion. This is now solved.
- Any suggested competence changes was not possible to remove completly, but only set to lowest competence level. This is now fixed.
- We have fixed the issue where users could not reset their password if portal was using ADFS authorization
- Fixed issue with Teacher based report, where status of presence sometimes was calculated incorretly
- Fixed the problem with copying or deleting activities. Now you should not get Server error.
- We have fixed issues related to that an employee have two or more managers and is invited to meetings with their manager.
Releases august 2017
- The report Meeting overview, now have more information. We've added columns for statuses Started and Shared also. And to make it easier to get a quick overview, there is a coloured chart that shows how the different statuses is distributed.
- Some changes in reports that shows test results
Report Activities Individual results now show test result in percentage instead of just Completed/Failed. Colours will just as before still show red and green for failed and completed.
Report Activities Individual results now have possibility to add summary-rows in bottom that calculates Rate of participation and Rate of completion in percentage.
Reports showing test results (Activities, individual results, Test group statistics, Tests individual results and Answer frequency) now have a new filter-selection where you can choose to show results from either "Best result" or "First results". Previosly, these reports always counted on the Best result - now you can choose if you want to see result from each users first try on the test.
Report Tests, individual results: we have changed order of some columns and also added some new. One new column is "Spent time" that shows how much time it took for the user to complete the test. Another new column is "Date and time" that shows at what time the user handed in the test.
- Changes in report Participant list: Added new option to show/hide columns with information from the old checklist. If you still use the old checklist, you might have to enable these reports. but we strongly recommend that you shift over to our new checklist functionality. Contact your CSM for more information.
- The participant list report now have an option to show information about the participants allergies.
- We have now removed the possibility for administrators to remove images etc from the media-library. This is now restricted to only system administrators. This is to prevent that administrators by mistake delete files that someone else is using.
- We have added a new report "Course occasion checkup". In this report, you get a list of all planned course occasions. With this list, you can checkup on settings made on each occasion. The report will warn you with yellow and red colors on values that might be wrong.
New and improved functions
- The list My activities now includes courses where you are on waiting list.
- We have increased security by adding a viruscheck on all uploads.
- There was a bug that made it hard to set the correct level of access to sendout templates. This is now fixed.
New and improved functions
- We have clarified who is responsible for a group goal. Previously, you could select several members to the group goal, now you select 1 goal owner instead. This person is responsible for the goal. All persons that belongs to the group will still see the goal and be part of achieve it. When a new group goal is created, the manager of the group will be selected as goal owner by default. this can be changed to anyone of the group members.
- The new checklist always showed a price-label, even if there was no costs connected. We now hide the price-label if now costs are involved.
- We have added possibility to integrate the portal with Utbildning.se. With this integration enabled, the user can move between the different sites without having to login again.
- In the administrator course catalog we have a filter called "Show only mine", that shows what courses you are administrator on. We have now extended this to also show courses that you are teacher on.
- Sometimes it happened the certain words in e-mail message where translated in wrong language. This should not happen again.
- We have improved how scorm-courses renders on mobile devices. All new uploaded scorm-courses will have this new feature enabled by default, but previously uploaded courses will work exactly as before. If you want to enable this new rendering method of an existing course, you can do that from the Scorm upload page.
New and improved functions
- When administrator is manually changing participants results on activities, the dropdown with users only contained participant name. This made it hard to see difference between users with same name, so we added username in that dropdown.
- Now you can assign tasks to any person of a group goal, as long as they are member of the goal.
- We have added information about what group a goal is connected to in the goal detail page.
- Links in sendouts from portal previously had strange looking adress (like https://u2041722.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=ocSn9g-2B2 etc…) . This caused uncertainty by the user. We have now changed so that links from the portal have the actual portal-adress.
- We have made several minor security fixes. This is to prevent unauthorized access, but also to secure that users only get access to correct information. In may 2018 the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will become a law in sweden, and to be as prepared as possible we are taking security and data protection even more serious now.
- A new report is added, with the purpose to simplify follow up of meetings generated by managers. This report shows meeting of the type "Meeting with me", were managers create own meeting rounds to invite employees (unlike "Meeting with manager" that administrators create to invite users to their respective manager). The report shows all created meetings of a certain type (template) of a limited time period. The report also shows which managers have not created a meeting during this period.
- There was a defect that caused some folders to not show from beginning in education programs. This is now solved.
New and improved functions
- Previously, a folder/module, or a module in an education program, was only used to group different activities in the program. Now we have extended the possibility to add description text. To add a description-text to folders, this field must be activated – Talk to your CSM.
- Folders (modules) in programs now have the ability to collapse and expand. When a participant opens an education program with folders, they will be collapsed by default, but as soon as they have something started in the folder, it will be expanded. Fully completed folders will be collapsed by default.
- If an activity has not a time set, it is automatically set to 00:00. This specific time does no longer show in the activity description.
- A bug made it possible for reserved seats to occupy seats even after the reservation was removed. This is now solved.
- In some situation, the confirmation-mail to employees was not sent when administrators approved their course applications. This is now solved.
- In the course catalog you previously could see if you were applied or not. We now also show if your status is “In waiting list”
New and improved functions
- A new function to make it easier to distribute reports to administrators of specific groups. Before you had to create a separate report for each administrator - with this new function, all administrators can use same report but they will only see the results of groups they are set as administrator on.
- We have made it easier to send personal messages to users by adding a button on the profile page.
- Previously you had to go into the page Team Meetings to find meetings you invited other to. Now we have fixed so the page "My meetings" also shows meetings you have invited others to. For this to work, the page is slightly re-designed. Also employees can now request meetings.
- Improved security of the portal.
- We have added a notification-message for when a participant has been offered a place on a course they were placed in waiting list. Previously there was only an automatic mail on this event.
- We have added a new notification-message for when managers approve an employee's application. Previously there was only an automatic mail on this event.
- Fixed problem with uploading of documents on start pages
- The widget "Reports" sometimes showed a "More"-button for no reason. This is now solved.
- The course calendar that can be placed on the start page is now fixed.
- Fixed a problem where goal-creator not always being able to change their goal.
- The report "Certificate, Individual results" sometimes got an error message when a specific filtering was made. This is now solved.
- The two reports Address Labels, and Name tags was giving error messages. This is now solved.
- The report Teacher based, Overview, did not show any headers on page 2 and forward. This is now fixed.
- There is now a new report in the meeting module. With this report you can see what different users have answered on questions in a meeting.
- We have made it even easier to add images in feeds and forums - just paste from your clipboard. This is limited to following browsers: Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- There is a new system setting to require users to use complex passwords. Contact Netcompetence if you want to enable this setting.
- There is a new function at the login-screen to prevent brute force logins. If a user fails to login 4 times in a row, they will be prompted to verify that they are not a robot before they can try to login again.
- The system now have better control of what file types that are allowed to be uploaded. There are a couple of system settings that sets what types should be allowed. If you want to restrict more, or add more allowed types, contact Netcompetence.
- If a user had more than one role, the competence for the second role did not show for the user. This is now solved.
- Despite that "username" was selected to show, it did not show in the report "Tests, Individual results". This is now solved.
- Problem with ”error” in the report "System activity over time" is now solved.
- The link "Read more" in the activity description page did not always work as expected. Now it does!
- Forums in education that was deleted was still visible until they were removed from the trashbin. From now on you only need to delete them from the education.
- You could mark activities with read-confirmation as Completed before you had fulfilled the pre-requirements of the activity. This is now solved.
- Course occasions with a past last apply date that automatically was hidden from the course. This is now changed so that it remains in the list until the date "Don't show after"
- The new checklist page have been equipped with a new report "Export to excel" to make it possible to extract all participant-choices to excel for further handling.
- The new calendar view of the course catalog sometimes rendered occasions that spanned over several days in an incorrect way. This is now solved.
- Some selections in the filter "Choose columns" generated an error message in the report "Certificate, Individual results". This is now solved.
- Problem with playing sound and video on mobile safari units is now solved.
- The tab "Results" under Surveys was empty when using Internet Explorer or Firefox. This is now solved.
- Simplified uploading cover photo to activities. Previously you had to select an image with correct size. Now you can upload a bigger file that will be automatically re-scaled to fit.
- The problem with course occasion not showing for teacher after last apply date is now solved.
- Administrators could not see feed posts in activities without being applied by themselves. This is now solved.
- Read-confirmation on activities that participant did not need to be applied to had stopped working. That is now solved.
- Certificates that was manually set with read-confirmation did not work. This is now solved.
- We added a new sorting option in the course catalog, "Latest created" to make it easier to find what's new.
- Support for single-sign-on using LDAP is added.
- The widget "Reminders" have gotten a face lift and improved grouping. In this widget you find all your activities that have a date. The new grouping is done on this week, next week, this month and next month.
- The problem with saving graphical profiles is now solved.
- In the report "Teacher-led courses, overview" the columns "Waiting for approval and Waitinglist is now hidden automatically if they are empty.
- A new function to register reasons for why someone unapplies from an activity. The list with causes is configurable.
- There is a new report, "Meeting, group overview", used to follow up on signing rate of meetings like performance reviews. The report also counts number of employees that has not been invited to the meeting.
- The widget "Messages" on the start page now automatically shift message every 10th second.
- We have now added logging for any change made in user groups.
- We have been working with general performance, to make the portal work faster.
- The user import log have been improved.
- Scheduling a sendout for the future sometimes got a wrong time. This is now solved.
- The logs for sendouts was sometimes not showing images embedded in the e-mail. This is now solved.
- Administrators using Internet Explorer should now have a better experience when working with courses because we have repaired a memory leak that was affecting the performande. A consequence of this fix is that now the sendout tab and checklist now opens in a new dialog instead of as an embedded tab.
- The application-dialog did not close when you applied to a course. This is now fixed.
- Activities added to an employee in a meeting sometimes was linked incorrecly to the manager activity instead. This is now solved.
- Meeting pages have gotten major performance improvements.
- The quick-search in the top of the system have now been extended so that you now also can search for goals.
- Manually registered certificates now allows setting a start date (for when the certificate was valid from). For certificates that sets by completing a test or other activity this is not relevant, because then the starting date is handled automatically.
- A navigation problem occured when a manager was linked to an employees goal page from a meeting template. On the way back, the manager ended up on his own goal page. We solved this by adding a Back-button that links the manager to the correct page.
- We have changed so that when you open an education program from My activities, the current part of the program automatically opens.
- General performance fixes.
- Previously, the required access level to see the Edit-button on the course page was 3. We have now lowered this to 2, to make the button show for Teachers.
- On self-registration, the selected language is not stored until the user logs in for the first time. This is now fixed so that the registration-mail is sent with the user's selected language.
- Performance improvements on the start page widgets.
- Performance improvements for loading of scorm-courses on playback.
- Search-boxes that shows suggestions while typing is now changed so that they only suggest the first 50 closest hits. This improves the performance.
- We have renamed "Show in course catalog from" and "Show in course catalog too" to "Don't show before" and "Don't show after". This is a more correct naming of the fields.
- A new report that shows all employees that is waiting for approval of applications. This reports makes it possible for administrators to keep track waiting for approval from the whole catalog at the same time.
- We made a new version of the SCORM-upload. It's a lot faster and gives more clear feedback. Hope you like it!
- In big courses it could take very long time to adjust access settings. We have now optimized the code for this to work faster.
- The course calendar have got some new coloring to make it more clear wich courses you are already applied to.
- We have added loading-symbols on each widget on the start page
- The problem with changing name on graphical profiles is now solved.
- The problem with sending mail to a user from their profile-page is now solved.